Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Chrissy!

Because I'm an utter preggo-brain and did not look at my calendar till now when I went to schedule my week....I am that ass of a friend that didn't even tell my dear friend Chrissy Happy Birthday when I was right there in front of her at church today! Flylady tells me to check my calendar daily. I failed to do that and in turn failed to wish my friend a happy birthday. At least I was fair to both of them. I didn't call either of them on their day. They called me. Well one was with me, but still. She did call me as I pulled into her driveway to ask where I was.
But...man! Talk about epic failure on my part. I honestly won't hold it against either of them if next January they just intentionally or accidentally ignore me on my birthday. I'm very sorry. There's no way I could make it up to either of them, short of winning the big lottery jackpot and hookin' a sista up with some of my winnings.
So, Happy Birthday Chrissy. I hope it was good to you, and I hope that my lack of calling or wishing you a lovely day didn't screw things up. That same apology applies to Persnickety too. Good friends are hard to come by and I don't want to mess any of that up ever. Good friends who still tolerate you when you forget their birthday. That's true friends right there. These girls are the kind of friends you call "family" because they're the kind of family you'd like to choose if you could. They understand your quirks. And if they don't understand them, they at least are entertained by them.

2 comments:

MrsSoersdal said...

My friends and I have a mercy agreement - that we will call each other and remind each other endlessly for several days or weeks leading up to our birthdays. No calendar necessary. There's just no way to pass each other over.

Persnickety Ticker said...

Well, at least you don't lambaste me with vile for being a selfish bitch because you didn't call on my birthday. I swear...if that day or the fallout from it gets any worse...

You won't have to worry about next year though. All future birthdays have been canceled on my part. Yeah...I think I'll go that route.