Monday, September 1, 2008

Good Ole Labor Day

The whole REASON for the labor unions lobbying for Labor Day was to recognize the human cogs in the mechanical wheels of the factories, and give them a much needed break from working conditions that by today's standards would be worse than that of some third world factories of current times. But being the capitalist market that it is, every store has their big sales to lure you out of your hard earned paychecks.

I found some humor today though, when I came across this:


One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct
tape to make them stop. G.M. Weilacher


I am very familiar with the duct tape, as I have used it to secure my children to trees and exterior walls during hurricanes and we've all used it to stop our halos from collapsing to the floor in a million pieces, and keep them attached to the horns that hold them aloft.

2 comments:

Persnickety Ticker said...

You duck taped your kids to trees? Wonder if that would work as a potty training tool....

Sunny Yukon said...

Have you not used WD-40 to get children's body parts out of tight spots? Like my niece's finger out of the jet in Grampa's bathtub, my son's toe out of my ring, and I won't tell you what my brother stuck in the vaccuum when he was little...

Maybe if I just taped them all to the trees then I wouldn't keep running out of WD-40.