Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mail Call!!!

My husband rounded a trip to the grockery store (it's how I jokingly pronounce it, so hush) and purchased food that kids and bachelors would consume. Persnickety, I may be raiding your fridge and pantry, he got no vegetables. In any case, I got up to see what he acquired, craftily breezing past on my way to the laundry room to fold my laundry. Meanwhile, the smelly teenager (whose boxers are trying to escape the top of his pants again today....wth is up with that??) retrieved the mail and decidedly plopped it on my desk. ON my keyboard grr. It might not normally aggrivate me but the husband took a streak of someone-peed-in-my-shoes attitude with me just to be a contrarian for no other reason but to be contrary. He's uncomfortable (translate: in pain) after helping a friend of mine move. He basically did almost all the heavy lifting because I'm useless and the other muscle-borne male was a no-show. So as a result he's making others miserable in his misery. Well at the bottom of my pile of plunked on my keyboard mail was a package, decidedly not a letter, advert, bill or bank statement. It was a book by Megan DiMaria called Searching for Spice. So, I have a new book to read now. We'll see how it goes and I'll post my two pennies on it later.
And the cranky husband continues....so it was his wheaties someone peed in, not his shoes. He's just madder because I blogged about him and said I was raiding Persnickety's fridge. Pbbbt....

3 comments:

Persnickety Ticker said...

Here she comes to save the daaaay...

It's "Backup-balls Girl"!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL Tell him to DRINK WATER AND MOVE ON! when it comes to being blogged about! My man, and my children are FAIR GAME for blogging too! and they revel in what new 'stories' mom can fabricate about them! teeheehee

Daphne said...

Here in the UK we get that attractive boxers-above-trousers look too. And there still seems to be a fashion for the crotch of the aforementioned trousers (or pants if you're in the USA) to hang somewhere round the knees, thus making your legs look really, really short. Charming!