Sunday, November 18, 2007

practice makes progress

I restarted that scarf....and only tink'd it once. I then cast on fewer stitches and i'm meeting with more success although there are a couple glaring mistakes. OH well, my first crochet project was no priceless gem either. Perfection will never be anything I attain or strive for. I've weeded most of those visions out of my head. I see a finished product in its ideal form when I think of it initially. Then as I start the project, I start seeing the reality. I do believe I'll be making more scarves for practice. As my life evolves and children leave the nest and I find myself with more time on my side, I suspect my crafting skills will improve. Till then....if you get a gift from me that I made, just be polite at least. No gushing - it's obvious overkill. And definitely no snide remarks, that's just RUDE. I really should be doing other things, but today has been one of those relaxing Sundays with nothing planned aside from doing nothing. We really needed a quiet day at home. It was nice to just enjoy my coffee this morning, and putz around the house doing a little here and there. I got a couple things done but didn't bust out any big guns. And I practiced some knitting and tink'ing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you Catholic or Protestant?

Feisty Irish Wench said...

Now what would prompt a person to ask such a question? I will gladly answer, but please tell me why you want to know.....