Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Determination and Procrastination

I really should be at work right this very moment. I'm obviously NOT though. I am blessed and fortunate enough to have a job that allows flexibility of my schedule. It's VERY VERY part time, and doesn't really pay much because I don't have the number of assignments some other people have or that I had even a year ago. However, today I'm procrastinating about getting my blessed assurance in there and working. Apparently I've had too many days off in a row or something. Plus I'm mentally distracted with some different stuff, most of it in terms of money. My husband and I are mentally ready to buy a house. The thing is, we're not financially ready. There is no instant fix for this, short of winning the lottery, but since the chances of hell freezing over are better than our chances of winning the lottery right now....I'll bank on finding money the old-fashioned way first. I have been investigating stuff with my IRA - not pleased and will make changes. I also have the Suze Orman book Women and Money now, and plan on taking advantage of the TD Ameritrade offer associated with it. I'm determined not to live my old age like my dad has been the last 18 years. His brother has invested money over the years and can just write a check for a spankin' new car. My dad - investing is like speaking Lebanese to him. I want to be more like my uncle than my dad financially. I need to establish new money habits that are beneficial to me. I'm already a cheapskate, but I need to be a much more intelligent cheapskate about things. I can only hope that my methods inspire my husband to make intelligent financial choices too. We still aren't even in the same book about money, forget the same page. We have similar goals, but we carry different ideas of how to achieve them. And as for the lottery winning thing....yea hell did freeze over this past week, because my sister (who makes me look rather girly mind you) BOUGHT A DRESS! She even posted a picture in her blog.....http://mistresscolleen.livejournal.com/514992.html
I tried tinkering with the html but I'm far less knowledgeable about that crap and have wasted too much time trying to fix it...just click the link if you want to, otherwise have a lovely day and I'll eventually make my way back here more often. I'm just enjoying the downtime I've got right now....procrastinating about going to work and seriously considering that whole "playing hooky" thing today too. I'm screwing myself up for tomorrow if I do that though....*sigh* Anyone have the winning lottery numbers? I don't need millions, just thousands.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I'm kinda in the same boat. Although, I own my own home, its a modular, I don't own the land it sits on. I want to buy a piece of land & build around what I have. I have my winning numbers all mapped out but I have to learn to play the thing. You can't win if you don't play.