Sunday, March 9, 2008

Boob Job

I have apparently pulled some muscles in my back, so I went to my room and laid down for a while. I ended up falling asleep, accompanied by my youngest child. I got up and came into the den to find a massive mess that I did not make. In a particular pile of castoff playthings, I notice one of my bras. In the same cluster were a couple of the daughter's undershirts, a doll, her pajamas and two apples. Persnickety Ticker guessed right off the bat what she was up to when I described the scene a few hours later. However, I'm slow on the uptake these days (exhaustion does this to me) and I asked why my bra was on the floor. My clothes are generally contained within my room for the most part. My son called out from the next room "Sis was using apples for boobs." I was not given an ample bosom, like my mother and sister. I have other ample assets. In all my small childhood years of playing with my mother's bras, it never occured to me that fruit would make do for a decent boob job.

2 comments:

Persnickety Ticker said...

What?? You never played pretend boobies when you were little? Water balloons also work well. Or better yet, balloons filled with pudding. Those feel the most real.

I may be over thinking this scenario a little....

Lindy said...

Ewww, talk about saggy boobs. Wait till they start fermenting.