Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's a redneck wedding

My husband has a couple friends from work that have been together for a long time and are finally getting married this weekend. I was told there was going to be a party for them, and because Devildog never gives me the full story, I have to follow up with his buddies to get that information. I've actually told the guys to just forward the info to me because Devildog will neglect to let me know till last minute, or like now, neglect key points. I was under the impression it was an engagement party. No, it's a wedding reception.
So, I'm out at the OB's office for my monthly checkup and while I'm driving, I see dh's friend who is hosting the party. I called to harass Red about the contents of his truck bed, but he didn't answer. I was trolling a second hand shop (that is now on my monthly 'must stop' list of places) to scope out baby and mommy stuff when Red called me back. He clarified the story for me, saying J & K were "pulling the trigger" because there's a group trip to the beach next weekend, so they're using that as their honeymoon. Red went on to say that J & K were going to originally have pizza at the party and he put a stop to that, because every redneck has to have a certain standard, and pizza was below his standard. So it was being catered by a BBQ place instead of a pizza joint. As I re-read that I suddenly started hearing Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" in my head....specifically that part about "high class broad". I know J & K enough to know that her father won't have to announce the nuptuals like this guy did.

No comments: