Monday, April 2, 2012

Rockin something alright

I went for a ride around the neighborhood to practice my skills on Sunday. I got 5 blocks from home, and went down. I'm grateful it was 20 mph, and not 40 or 75. I'm grateful I was 5 blocks away, and not 5 miles or 5 hours away.


(pardon the crummy quality of the video)


I'm grateful I was wearing most of my gear. Most is key here. I could've avoided the road rash on my left arm with the jacket. That was the one thing I didn't have on me, and knew I should've had it on when I left. The long sleeve shirt was not enough even for 20 mph. I slid about 4 feet. My knee hurts and is swollen, and that's with me wearing the thickest pair of jeans I own. My arm hurts and is gross. And my right thumb is in a brace b/c I did a number on it. I don't know how long it will be till it's healed and I can get back on the bike.




Devildog has been kind about it. He got Humpty back together again, but had to swap the handlebars out for the originals, and he's not all that thrilled about them. I'm so sorry honey. It sucks and I hate being the reason for it. I bent the handlebars just enough that you don't know it till you look carefully.

Everyone has told me that it's not a matter of IF but WHEN you lay down a motorcycle. Apparently laying it down in class wasn't enough for me. I had to do it at home too. Well, I got the "WHEN" out of the way. So instead of rocking the gear on 2 wheels, I am rocking the ibuprofin, the antibiotics and the ice packs and a stellar road rash and thumb brace.

So, I'm here as your limping P.S.A to Rock the Gear. ATGATT - All The Gear, All The Time.




And here is an update at day 4 and then again day 8/9

No comments: