Saturday, July 18, 2009

Parental torture

We're different parents from most people. We derive mirth from torturing our teenagers. I knew someone was using my razor because I was getting razor burn more frequently and having to change the blades sooner. I just couldn't PROVE it, nor could I prove who was doing it, without expensive DNA testing. Last week I bought Devildog a new razor, because it was cheaper to get the "gift" kit on the clearance endcap at Target than refill razors. A $4 coupon helped convince me. Prior to my shopping endeavor I asked the boys about their razor preferences, throwing in a comment that I was tired of someone using my razor. RW slung back that he had been using Dad's razor, not mine. I advised Devildog of this, and he said he'd suspected as much, but chuckled, adding "I bet he doesn't realize what else I shave with my razor." Regardless of WHAT parts are shaved, it's just a total biohazard to use someone else's blade. I swear, I thought I covered that detail with them, but apparently it didn't register or they just don't care.

Devildog later told the boys about this aspect of using Dad's razor. Beast laughed and said to RW "Maybe that's why your face has been breaking out so much."

3 comments:

Sunny Yukon said...

ROFL! Oh my, shouldn't have read that when I was supposed to be working!

Next guy who walks in with splotchy skin is going to wander why I keep staring and giggling...

Persnickety Ticker said...

And now? You owe me a case of brain bleach for making my mind even wander anywhere near shaved parts of your husband's body.

Ewww.

Although...I won't be able to look your kids straight in the eye anymore without busting out laughing!

Kristin said...

Ahem. I have been stealing hubby's razor, but it's only because I have been too scent sensitive to go to the grocery store to buy razor refills. Finally made it there the other day, and I've never been so relieved to have my own razor back. :-)