Sunday, January 23, 2011

babies and bowling

The reader's digest version:
We went bowling. It was busy. A little boy was rolling bowling balls. Those bowling balls hit a couple people. I assume he was bored and mama was not watching him, so he was out to entertain himself. After he did that 3 times, I went up to him and told him to stop. I talked to him like I'd talk to my kids. I was stern but polite. His mama got mad at me for talking to her baby. She tried to start something. A very tall guy, the Devildog and someone else squelched it. She left, slinging unoriginal epithets. We ranted then joked about it.

Moral of the story: mind your child in a busy bowling alley or someone else will. And if you don't mind your child and someone else does, shut up about it and do your dang job and be a parent. Your 3 year old is big enough to be learning right from wrong.

or as my sister would say "beechokeeds!"

1 comment:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yeah I would have said something to the kid too. Grow up parents, start parenting or don't get pissed when others do it for you! Glad you were able to laugh about it in the end :)