Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Status Check 2

Went to the dh's softball game, and caught the end of it. As usual, everyone congregated in the parking lot for some tailgating. I sat in the camping chair with my knitting, trying to pick up a stitch I dropped 10 rows back...HOPING and PRAYING that I wouldn't have to rip back those 10 rows, at 160 stitches apiece. Thankfully I did get that stitch picked up though. In any case the guys were bantering back and forth. I didn't hear what K said on the other side of the truck (tailgate central) but M was standing behind me and said something about "heavy flow, but sometimes light days", then B said "some with wings". So, being somewhat of an expert, I threw my two pennies. "Or super absorbency overnights" which kind of startled M. He said "whoa I didn't see you there." "Yea, I'm here." "er..Well you are pretty much one of the guys...."

hm. Being "one of the guys" isn't always a bad thing but I kind of was expecting the announcement in different fashion. Not sure being called "one of the guys" over banter about feminine hygiene products is the ideal way of being crowned.

No comments: