Friday, August 1, 2008

Random Kid Funnies

Welcome to Florida, where bugs move into your house and decide to mooch and not pay rent. Those big gross palmetto bugs make their way in my house with regularity. The other day my daughter heard one scratching around in the corner. She said "Mom, there's a bug over here and it's making noise." "Well tell it to stop."
"I can't. I don't speak cockroach language."


*~*~*~*~*~*

My husband likes his tea Southern. For those of you unfamiliar with this characteristic, it means 3 cups of sugar to the gallon. In all honesty my husband doesn't care for three cups, two is just fine for him. I have the now discontinued Pampered Chef teabags that I use when I make my tea. It's half yankee tea, only one cup of sugar to the gallon. In any case, the Pampered Chef tea has flavors in it that Liption, Luzianne and Tetley lack. I throw in a bag of the Pampered Chef stuff when I brew my tea. I got my lunch and poured the last of my tea into the glass. My daughter asked if I had tea, to which I responded in the affirmative. She said "Daddy's tea is sweeter than yours." "Yes, but I don't want my tea to cause me to have diabetes just drinking it."
Being with him 16 years, I can see why he might need all that sugar though.

No comments: